Your privacy and our customers privacy is important to us here at Lesco.
This policy relates to the following ‘Sites’:
Lesco (the company) is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1586237 of Lesco Products Ltd, Wincheap Estate, Canterbury, CT1 3RH, U.K.
What type of information does the Company collect and why?
When you visit our Sites, we may automatically collect standard internet and website log information and details of patterns about how website visitors behave. The information we may collect includes information about your Internet Service Provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer (or other electronic Internet-enabled device), your access times, the website that referred you to us, the Web pages you request and the date and time of those requests. This may allow us to find out which parts of the Sites are popular or need changing.
The Sites allow you to interact with the Company in many ways, including where you choose to:
- contact us by phone
- create a trade account (and become an ‘Lesco Trade Customer’), with a registered user customer account on the website;
- sign up to receive our various newsletters by email;
- obtain a quote for purchase of our products or services,
- be notified of products and/or services that may be of interest to you (based on your purchase history or browsing of our Sites).
If you want to use any of these services, you may need to provide us with some additional personal information so that we can liaise with you in order to deal with your request, query, purchase, quotation request, booking, application and/or customer account registration. If you do choose to provide us with your personal information, we will collect that information for our own use and for the purposes described in this Policy only.
What type of personal information does the Company collect?
Where you choose to provide personal details to us, we may collect some or all of the following personal information from you:
- your full name and date of birth;
- your business and home contact details e.g. address, telephone numbers (including your mobile telephone number) and e-mail address;
- details of the reason(s) for your contact, as set out above;
- if you request a trade account – your username, password and details of the product(s) and/or service(s) that you add to your “basket”
- if you make a request for a quotation or an order for hire/purchase/supply of services using the Sites:
– financial account information, such as credit/debit card number and other payment information; and
– delivery information which may include your home or work address and telephone number;
- your contact and marketing preferences – you will have access at any time to unsubscribe from marketing emails
- if you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways – demographics information and information about subjects that may interest you
- information necessary for legal compliance; and/or
- where you “like” us or make posts on our pages on social networking websites, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
This information will be collected primarily from you as information voluntarily provided to us, but we may also collect it where lawful to do so from (and combine it with information from) public sources, third party service providers, individuals who you have indicated have agreed for you to provide their personal information, government, tax or law enforcement agencies and other third parties. We may also collect personal information about you from your use of other Company or Group websites or services.
All of the process on how we gather any of this information will be under the new 2018 GDPR guidelines for data control and use.
How does the Company use information about you?
The Company may use information about you for purposes described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed to you on our Sites or with our services. For example, we may use information about you for the following purposes:
- to respond and/or deal with your request or enquiry;
- to process and administer your booking request(s), order(s) of our products and/or services;
- to improve our products and services and to ensure that content from the Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (or other electronic Internet-enabled device);
- to administer the Sites;
- for internal record keeping;
- to contact you by e-mail or phone for any of the above reasons;
- subject to your consent where required under applicable GDPR law, to carry out direct marketing and/or e-mail marketing;
- where necessary as part of any restructuring of the Company or sale of the Company’s business or assets;
- to perform any contract the Company has with you; and
- for compliance with legal, regulatory and other good governance obligations.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and may be updated from time to time as business needs and legal requirements dictate. Some of the personal information that the Company maintains will be kept in paper files, while other personal information will be included in computerised files and electronic databases as set out in more detail below.
In most cases, the information the Company processes about you is required to deal with your enquiry, order(s) or trade account registration, or required by law, or is necessary for the exercise of the Company’s legitimate business interests and needs.
The Company may also use your personal data (normally on an aggregated statistical basis) for research and analysis to improve Company and its Sites performance. In addition, the Company may use pixels or transparent GIF files, to help manage online advertising.
Does the Company share personal information with third parties?
We will not sell your personal information to any third party other than as part of any restructuring of the Company or Group or sale of a relevant Group business if such a process ever occurred.
What choices does the Company offer you with regard to direct marketing?
The Company may wish to provide you with information about new products, services, promotions and offers, which may be of interest to you and may invite you to take part in market research or request feedback on our products and services and the Company’s products and services. This communication may occur by e-mail, telephone, post or SMS. We will obtain your direct consent and advise you of how to opt-out of receiving such communications where we are required to do so in accordance with applicable law, for example by clicking the “unsubscribe” link on any email that we send to you.
What safeguards are in place to protect your personal information?
Our new website is protected by SSL certificate on firewalled servers.
However, while we take efforts to safeguard your personal information which are consistent with relevant laws, the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee absolutely the security of any personal information you disclose online.
What rights do you have to review and amend personal information?
You have the right to review your personal information held by the Company (including any profiling information) and have certain inaccurate information about you corrected. Under UK law, a request for access to your personal data needs to be in writing and accompanied by the statutory fee (£10).
If you wish to do so, or to contact the Company in respect of its data processing activities, please contact the Company Directors, Lesco Products Ltd, Wincheap Estate, Canterbury, CT1 3RH, U.K.
Keeping you informed
We will keep your details on record until we have completely dealt with your request, enquiry or application and then for a reasonable period afterwards, in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.
The Company may keep your details on record for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out above and will then endeavour to delete your details in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.
Changes to this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. We may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. The date at the top of this Policy will be updated accordingly.
We encourage you to check the date of this Policy when you visit the Sites for any updates or changes. We will notify you of any modified versions of this Policy that might materially affect the way we use or disclose your personal information.
By using our Sites, submitting your personal information to us, registering an account, registering a customer credit account or interacting with us in other ways, you consent to the use of your personal information as described in this Policy (as amended from time to time).
This Policy only extends to the Sites and does not, therefore, extend to your use of, provision of data to and collection of data on any website not connected to us to which you may link by using links within this website.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at Lesco Products Ltd, Wincheap Estate, Canterbury, CT1 3RH, or on firstname.lastname@example.org
When you visit an Lesco website, a small file called a cookie will be saved on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow Lesco to make its website more useful by storing information about your preferences. For example, cookies make it easier for you to log on and use the website during future visits. Cookies do not personally identify an Internet user, although they do identify a user’s computer.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you wish, you can set your browser to prevent it from accepting cookies. The ‘help’ portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, by disabling cookies, you may not be able to access all of the features on the site.
Lesco websites may issue Cookies for the following purposes:
- Analytics – allow us to monitor how people use the website and optimize our content accordingly to improve user experience
- Login settings and preferences – in order for us to remember your preferences after logging into your Trade account
- Remarketing – in order for us to re-advertise when you are browsing other websites
- Email marketing – in order for us to tailor our email messages to make them more relevant based on how you use the website
The Lesco team may send you an email to notify you about your recent purchase. Lesco may also send you email to inform you about offers, updates and features as well as those of our affiliates and partners. You may of course choose at any time to not receive email from Lesco by sending a request to email@example.com